Adobe Flash Player is free, and can be dowloaded here.
The Athens County Child Advocacy Center (CAC) is a 501(c)3 organization that serves as a centralized location for interviewing and examining children who have experienced sexual abuse. Cases are managed by a multi-disciplinary team comprised of representatives from local community organizations and programs.
The goals of the center are:
- Reduce trauma and expedite recovery
- Increase child safety by conducting forensic interviews and medical exams in one location
- Support the victim and nonoffending family members by offering comprehensive services, such as survivor advocacy and long-term case management services
- Increase the effectiveness of services to child abuse survivors
- Advocate for and assist in prosecution of those who sexually abuse children
- Prevent further child abuse through community education